IMAC WM 2022 är flyttat till år 2024

Started by rc_jorgen, 2020-10-20, 06:22:12

Previous topic - Next topic

rc_jorgen

Hej,

IMAC International BOD har tagit beslutet att senarelägga IMAC WM två år.
Orsaken till beslutet är Covid-19 pandemin.
Det kommer i stället att hållas i Italien i september år 2024.

När det gäller EM 2021 så ligger det fortfarande kvar, men jag tror att risken finns att även det kan komma att senareläggas.
Detta eftersom pandemin tagit fart igen och att det tar tid innan vaccin finns framme.

Mer info finns nedan i klippet från mailet som jag fick i natt.

Mvh, Jörgen

"IMAC Announcement

Dear IMAC Member,

The health and well-being of the IMAC pilots... [is] the top priority of the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors has made an exceedingly difficult decision to postpone the 2022 IMAC Worlds, considering the global impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Due to be held in Italy, September of 2022, the IMAC Worlds will now be held in September of 2024.
The health and well-being of the IMAC community, as well as that of the local European host community, is a greater priority.
The travel restrictions worldwide that are in place are changing daily.  It is important that the many pilots, family, and friends wanting to attend, what is now a premier event for the International Miniature Aerobatic Club in the World, are able to attend without worry.
IMAC cannot and will not even try to guess when the Covid-19 pandemic will no longer affect the planning of the IMAC Worlds in Europe. At this time, we can only hope that the Covid pandemic around the globe will stabilize and not be such an issue.
IMAC Worlds 2022 was set to host more than 200 pilots and staff, and preparations had been underway for two years.  with the constant changing effects of the virus, preparations and even the venue were not concrete.
These are indeed challenging times for IMAC. We would like to extend we thanks for your understanding and support of this decision to postpone the IMAC Worlds in Europe.
It is clear that the Coronavirus has had a significant impact on our members.  It is at times of crisis such as this, that we need to work together as an organization to ensure the continued growth of IMAC.

The Board of Directors."

Mikael_Ingemarson

Kanske vore bra om EM flyttas till 2022 istället.

rc_jorgen

Jag håller fullständigt med och jag tror även att det kommer att bli så.
Även här är det ju planerat att det skall vara upp till 200 IMAC piloter och funktionärer samlade på en halv kvadratkilometer.
Dessutom lär det finnas fler som vill vara med och titta på plats.
Så som Coronaläget nu är och innan alla är vaccinerade, så tror jag inte att det är möjligt att anordna så pass stora IMAC tävlingar på ett säkert sätt.

Vi kan nog delvis påverka detta om vi vill. Men jag vill gärna höra allas mening, innan vi agerar i denna frågan från styrgruppen.

Tobias

Em är flyttat till 2022 om jag läste rätt i dag.

rc_jorgen

Japp, det har kommit sista dygnet. När jag kollade i går morse så var det inte flyttat.